Hanoi-Noi Bai Airport Vietnam Information
Hanoi - Noi Bai International Airport is the biggest airport in northern Vietnam, serves the capital city of Hanoi. The airport is located 33 km from the city‘s downtown. The travel time from the city centre is 50-60 minutes
The airport terminal provides various services, shopping, currency exchange, ATMs and transportation options.
A number of Vietnamese and international airlines operate from Hanoi Noi Bai Airport, including Vietnam Airlines, Pacific Airlines, AirAsia, Cathay Pacific, Hong Kong Airlines, Thai Airways, Lao Airlines, Nok Air and Tiger Airways.
The airport is small compared to the other two international airports in Vietnam. A larger international airport has been planned for Hanoi, and loans for its construction have been secured.
It has a new 3,800-meter paved runway (CAT II - 11R/29L - Opened in August 2006) and an older 3,200-meter paved runway (CAT I -11L/29R)
The distance between the two runways is only 250 metres, so the airport has a maximum capacity of 10 million passengers a year in accordance with International Civil Aviation Organisation safety regulations.
Noi Bai Airport History:
- January 2, 1978: Airport opened.
- October 10, 2001: The new Terminal one began operation.
- April 7, 2005: Tiger Airways started thrice-weekly flights between Hanoi and Singapore after launching direct flights between Ho Chi Minh City and Singapore on April 1, 2005. Tiger Airways became the first budget airline to operate in Vietnam.
- October 17, 2005: Low-cost carrier AirAsia launched direct flights between Hanoi and Bangkok. It is the second budget airline serving Vietnam after Tiger Airways.
- September 2, 2007: An Airbus A380 landed at Noi Bai.
- Since mid 2010, Noi Bai has been a hub for SkyTeam; Vietnam Airlines joined the network in 2010.
In 2010, the airport received approximately 9.5 million passengers and accounted for one-third of international departures and arrivals at Vietnam's three international airports.
Bus services connect Noi Bai Airport with Hanoi's city centre. There are a few companies operating this route including Viet Nam transfer service at online website: VietnamTransferService.com . Visitors will be welcomed inside the airport and transfer to the hotel in the city. No toll fee or any other charge.